By Nicole Tinkham
Do you use coffee airpots in the office? These large coffee thermoses have many benefits. For one, they keep coffee hot and fresh for several hours, making them the ideal container for early morning meetings. While you may love coffee airpots, cleaning them properly can seem challenging. Because of their size and how they’re used, many people are unsure of the proper cleaning procedure and how often they should be cleaned. Don’t get frustrated though, we’ve got an old fashion secret to cleaning airpots that actually works!
Airpots should be deep cleaned at least once a month. To get the best results, use THIS magic cleaning solution:
Vinegar and water!
That’s right, for a deep clean all you need is a little vinegar and water. Here’s how it’s done.
1. Rinse airpot with dish detergent and hot water.
2. Fill the airpot with hot water and add 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
3. Allow to sit overnight.
4. Once it has sat overnight, rinse with hot water and scrub away any leftover residue.
5. Don’t forget about the spout! You can run some of the hot water and vinegar mixture through the spout.
Here are a few additional cleaning tips:
• Gently clean the office airpot at least once a day using a sponge brush and mild dish detergent. Rinse with hot water.
• For daily cleaning, remove the lid and inner lining (if removable).
• You can also rinse after each use to remove any leftover coffee.
• Do a deep cleaning (with vinegar and water) anywhere from once a week to once a month depending on how often the airpot is used.
Without proper cleaning, mineral deposits can build up in your airpot. To guarantee the absolute best tasting coffee and the wellness of the office coffee drinkers, follow the simple cleaning tips in this post. Airpots aren’t the only things in the office that need attention when it comes to cleaning. If you would like to learn how to properly clean other areas of the office, leave a comment below and it could be featured in our next blog post!
Did you know that Keeton’s offers a full coffee service including brewers, installation, airpots, PapaNicholas coffee and all of the allied products necessary for a complete breakroom solution? Give us a call at 941-747-2995 for further information on our coffee service.